Adhesives for jewelers are a special category of adhesives that have been developed with regard to the needs and demands associated with the production of jewelry and bijouterie. These adhesives are designed to be strong, durable and at the same time suitable for working with small and fragile parts. Here is some key information about adhesives for jewelers:
- Types of Adhesives: There are several types of adhesives suitable for jewelry work. These include cyanoacrylate-based adhesives (CA adhesives), epoxy adhesives, glass and metal adhesives, as well as specialty jewelry adhesives that are designed for the specific materials being worked with (such as precious metal adhesives).
- Drying speed:
- Transparency: A jeweler's glue should be as transparent as possible so as not to disturb the appearance of the stones and materials.
- Careful Application: Most jewelry projects require precise and small amounts of glue.
- Durability: Jewelry can be exposed to various conditions and stresses, so it is important that the adhesive is resistant to water, heat, chemicals and general adverse effects.
- Flexibility and Strength: Some jewelry projects require the adhesive to be flexible to resist movement and stress, such as rings. At the same time, however, it should be strong enough to hold the connections reliably together.
- Cleaning: Some jewelry adhesives can be cleaned if there is excess glue on the surface of the jewelry without damaging the material.
Thus, jewelry adhesives are an important tool for those who create jewelry and costume jewelry. The right adhesive can ensure that your jewelry is strong, durable and aesthetically appealing.
There is 1 product.