Threads - yarns
In our offer, you will find many types of threads and yarns. Threads and yarns are materials used for sewing, embroidery, knitting, frivolite lace, and other handicrafts. However, there is a certain difference between them. The terms "threads" and "yarns" can be used interchangeably and may mean the same thing. In our e-shop jimot.cz, for simplified searching and sorting, we differentiate between threads and yarns, where yarns have a greater thickness than threads. The difference between threads and yarns lies in their specific usage and manufacturing process.
Cotton thread made of high-quality Egyptian long-fiber cotton from a Czech manufacturer. Suitable for both manual work and machine sewing. The cotton thread is also suitable for sewing patchwork.
Linen threads made of 100% linen from a Czech manufacturer are characterized by high strength, low elongation and abrasion resistance. Linen threads are more resistant to the effects of heat, light and weather than cotton threads. Their use is for bobbin-making, sewing buttons, sewing holes, sewing heavy garments and various housework.
Polyester threads are made of synthetic materials and are suitable for machine sewing.
The use of threads and yarns can be divided into several categories based on our experience:
- Sewing: For sewing clothing, accessories, and home textiles, cotton threads, polyester threads, or blends of these materials are often used. These threads are strong, easy to sew with, and provide sufficient durability.
- Bobbin lace: Fine cotton or linen yarns are often used for bobbin lace. These yarns have the necessary fineness and stiffness to create detailed and delicate patterns.
- Tatting lace: Fine yarns that are easy to manipulate and allow for intricate patterns are often chosen for tatting lace. Cotton is a classic material for tatting.
- Crocheting and knitting: Various types of yarns are used for crocheting and knitting, including acrylic, wool, cotton, and blend yarns. The choice depends on the desired appearance, temperature properties, and wearing comfort.
- Macramé: Strong and durable yarns, such as hemp or polyester cords, are often used for macramé and other knotting techniques. These yarns allow for the creation of sturdy and stable knots.
- Other crafts: There are many other types of crafts, and each technique requires specific types of threads or yarns that correspond to the desired appearance and workability.
However, it is important to note that this is only a basic division for quick orientation. In practice, we enjoy experimenting and using materials that are not directly intended for a specific use to create unique and interesting results.
In our offer you will find yarns in a wide range of colors, textures and surface treatments, which offers endless possibilities for your creative work.
Yarn is a long continuous thread of fibers that are spun or twisted together. Yarn is commonly used in the textile industry for knitting, weaving, crocheting and other forms of textile production. Yarn can be made from a variety of materials, including natural fibers such as cotton, wool, silk and linen, as well as synthetic fibers such as polyester, acrylic and nylon. The type of fiber used in a yarn affects its properties such as softness, strength and ability to retain heat or wick away moisture. Yarn comes in different thicknesses, known as yarn weights, which determine its suitability for your creation. Coarse yarns are often used for bulky and warm products such as blankets and sweaters, while thinner yarns are suitable for delicate and light products such as shawls and lace trims. Threads | info.jimot.cz
Crocheting, needlework, frivolity and other handicrafts are a great way to make your own accessories, clothes and decorations. Crafts themselves are a great relaxing activity to help reduce stress.
In addition to threads and yarn, you need a few basic tools for these activities:
- Hook: A hook is a tool used to create crochet stitches. Hooks are made of different materials such as wood, plastic or metal. The hook you will need depends on the size of yarn you are using. Hooks | jimot.cz
- Needles: Needles are used, for example, to sew together crocheted pieces. Needles are made of different materials such as wood, plastic or metal. The needles you will need depend on the size of yarn you are using. We also offer special needles for creating frivolite lace. Needles | Jimot.cz
- Scissors: Scissors are used to cut threads and yarn. We also offer small precision scissors suitable for embroidery, lace making and other activities where you will appreciate precise, sharp scissors. Scissors | Jimot.cz
- Pins: Pins are an indispensable part in the creation of baton lace, you can choose from several parts, materials and the end of the heads. The chapter itself is, for example, safety pins as markers when crocheting. Pins | Jimot.cz
- Tutorial: A tutorial is a manual that shows you how to crochet a particular project. Instructions | Jimot.cz
If you are a beginner, I suggest you start with a simple project and as you gain experience, you can move on to more complex projects such as clothing, accessories and decorations.
Threads are thin, fibrous materials :-) used in sewing, embroidery, quilting, needlework and many other purposes. They are made of different materials such as cotton, polyester, silk or linen fibers. Each type of thread has its own characteristics such as strength, durability, stretchability and shine. Threads also vary in thickness, which is measured in tex or NeL (New English Linen) numbers. Choosing the right thread for a specific project is important to achieve a quality and durable result. When choosing a thread, it is also important to consider its suitability for hand or machine sewing, as well as for a specific type of work, such as sewing garments, embroidering details or creating baton lace. Correctly used and high-quality threads contribute to a precise and durable result of handwork. Threads | info.jimot.cz